At Sipho’s Restaurant and Café, we specialize in the most typical Jamaican dishes making us one of the best Jamaican restaurant in town. Our menu includes our world-renowned Jerk Chicken, but we also offer Curried Chicken and Brown Stewed Chicken. By the way, have you ever wondered where the word Jerk originated? Presumably it derives from the Spanish word “Charqui”, which means dried meat – Charqui evolved into Jerky and ultimately became Jerk.
Some of our other popular entrees are:
• Oxtail – browned beef stewed with creamy gravy and lima beans
• Curried Goat – tender goat slowly cooked in a yellow curry sauce
• Brown Stew Fish – fish browned and stewed down in tomatoes, hot and sweet peppers
• Steamed Fish – steamed in a buttery sauce and topped with onions, sweet peppers, garlic and tomatoes
• Eskovitch Fish - fried fish garnished with sweet peppers, onions, hot peppers and carrots.
• The Sampler – you can create your own dish by choosing three items from the following: oxtail, jerked, brown or curried chicken and curried goat.
We will include a side salad, plantains, avocado and peas or plain rice with any of your entrees. We have a vegetarian menu: an all-vegetable stew, curried tofu, brown stewed tofu and Rasta pasta. At Sipho’s Jamaican Restaurant and Café we like to also please our younger customers - we have a children’s menu, which includes kids’ jerk chicken sandwich and chicken tenders.